his is the number one conservative argument against the White Privilege Myth. No fluff, just facts.
If you would like to see more about debunking the systemic racism myth, click here.
Peggy McIntosh, the Associate Director of the Wellesley College Center for research on Women, created a list in 1989 that described white privilege as an “invisible package of unearned assets.”
The idea of white privilege is indirectly confused with majority privilege (the advantage granted by a certain culture), or opportunity privilege (the advantage granted by a certain environment).
Argument #1: “Poor kids receive a lack of funding in their public school districts, directly impacting their education.”
What You Need to Know:
- The most common myth of systemic racism is in the school system: poor kids don’t receive proper funding to their schools because of local taxes, Wouldn’t it be racist to assume that poor kids correlate to black kids? This has to do with opportunity privilege.
- The reason behind students being forced to attend school where they live is due to democratic policies, the same welfare policies that have oppressed black people since 1964.
- To eliminate the school inequality, citizens should not worry about white privilege, but instead citizens should be in favor of school vouchers, citizens should be in favor of charter schools (which Democrat Mayor Bill de Blasio is fighting against), and citizens should be in favor of breaking teachers unions where the majority of corruption occurs (NJ school with lowest PARCC scores, pays $196,000 to superintendent).
- July 22, 2020: GOP Senators Lamar Alexander and Tim Scott pushed for the School Choice Now Act. Which would direct federal funding towards private schools, which benefits low-income families in sending their children towards a better education.
Argument #2: “White People Are Born With More Advantages than Black People.”
What You Need to Know:
- For example, if a white child is born to a meth-addict single mother, and a black child is born within a nuclear family of doctors, who has the advantage?
- That could be a stretched example. How about this: if a white child is born to a single mother, and a black child is born within a nuclear family, who has the advantage?
- I strongly disagree with the belief that white people have the advantage over a person of color in their job applications and their university applications.
- Foremost, I believe that diversity quotas actually enhance racism, compared to eliminating it. To undermine the ability of minorities and women, in an effort to attract more to a certain job is saddening. Individuals should be accepted to a college, or receive a certain position in a company based on merit, not the color of one’s skin… and in today’s world: businesses bend over backwards to the rescue of the “oppressed.”
- There is a black privilege when it comes to applying for a job, and there is a minority privilege when applying to a university. To deny that would be to deny reality.
- The woke left seems to believe that if white privilege didn’t exist, then magazines would feature more black females, television shows would enhance black culture, and picture books would be more representative of the non-white race. Isn’t that just majority privilege?
- If I were to go to China, wouldn’t magazines feature Chinese people, and wouldn’t television shows enhance Chinese culture, and wouldn’t picture books be only representative of the Chinese race? The reason behind these ideas is that companies brand themselves to appeal to a certain audience, and the misrepresentation of blacks was simply based on their population in comparison with the rest of the United States. The only reason that they are beginning to release black band-aids, and black clothing is to increase sales in the black community.
- A common misconception is that black people are less likely to receive a loan from a bank, simply because of the color of their skin. I may be wrong, but why would a bank not give a loan to someone based on the color of their skin? Why would a banker say “no” to earning money?
Argument #3: “Black People are More Likely to be Followed or Harassed in a Store.”
What You Need to Know:
- That statement is astronomically false. It has nothing to do with the color of one’s skin, but instead with the culture someone presents themselves with.
- As Brandon Tatum, a former African-American police officer, said in a PragerU video, “that has never happened to me. But, if I was a young dude with my pants hanging down at my butt, I understand why the store clerk would be concerned. If I owned a store, I’d be tracking that kid, too. Whether he was black, white, or anything else.”
- If someone presents themselves in a proper way (not based upon “white-washing” or being “unappreciative of black culture”), there is no reason why they could be harassed in that store.
- The same myth could take place to a white individual in a black neighborhood. If the typical white man walks into a primarily black store, it would be a lie to say that he wouldn’t seem out of place.
Argument #4: “White People Should Admit Their White Privilege.”
What You Need to Know:
- Progressive thinkers believe that white people should openly acknowledge their privilege. But how does this help? It does absolutely nothing for the minority community because they still feel oppressed, and still feel like the victim because pretending to be a victim feels good.
- White individuals feel enlightened, and more virtuous compared to the rest of their population after admitting their privilege. It simply reinforces the racial divide and tension in the United States.
- There is more to privilege than being white: the privilege of living in America, the privilege of the nuclear family, the privilege of being athletic, etc.
- Are the social justice warriors (SJWs) inclined to admit that white people have only garnered their success because of the oppression of other cultures?
- Brandon Tatum said, “your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous, they make you look disingenuous.”
The Overall Argument Against the White Privilege Myth:
“The idea that you can target a collective group with an ethnic crime, regardless of the specific innocence or guilt of the constituent elements of that group. There is absolutely nothing that’s more racist than that,” Jordan Peterson.
The idea of labeling an entire race with guilt is so dangerous, isn’t it exactly what Adolf Hitler did?
If you were to read about Soviet history, the Kulaks would be of presence. They were wealthy farmers that started as peasants, but eventually worked their way from the bottom. However, they were the primary target of Stalin because of the collectivist ideas. In return, they were blamed for a class-level guilt… then raped, pillaged, and murdered simply because of their affluence.
There are so many different people, from so many different dimensions that privilege can be found in every manner. The post-modernist theories of privilege include, but are not limited to: race, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. They omit things like attractiveness, health, athletic ability, etc.
Now what if someone were to be the minority of minorities? The African-American female that identifies as LGBTQ+, is not bright, nor is she attractive. The victimhood mentality would be incredible, yet their social-acceptability would also be incredible.
Every company position, and every university application would care to aid her needs. And that is the world we live in: minorities blame white privilege for everything, yet businesses bend over backwards to care for them.
If white privilege were to exist, then why do diversity quotas hold prominence in society? Shouldn’t someone that performs the best, indifferent to the color of their skin, receive that position?
White privilege does not exist, however majority and opportunity privilege does. The reason why the representation of black people in films and magazines is because of their representation in the United States population.
The reason why black marketing campaigns are only beginning to surface now, is for businesses to pretend as if they undoubtedly care about the black community. As Brandon Tatum said, “your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous, they make you look disingenuous.”
If a white child is born to a single mother, and a black child is born within a nuclear family, who has the advantage? Obviously, the black child. As every psychological association sorts: the nuclear family provides a child with the proper tools for success. But for some reason, the woke left is trying to undermine the nuclear family.